Saturday morning B and I woke up to go to the Westport ALS walk..Click here for more information on ALS.
ALS is a disease that has directly affected us. Back when I was in highschool my mom worked as a nurse and was working w/ a patient through the Visiting Nurse association. she was assigned to work with a man who was diagnosed w/ ALS. They told her that he has approximatly 6 months to live..he proved them all wrong and lived for many more years. through those years we saw what ALS did to his body, it competley took over. He was a great man, click Here
to read more about him...
When he passed away my mom took it very hard, she had take care of him for many years, and his family had become our family too...after his passing my mom choose to do something in his honnor, she began working for the CT Chapter of the ALS association..and has kept his memory alive, and works every day helping others who are affected by the disease//
I applaud her b/c i know that it must be so diffucult working w/ patients who know that life can be TOO short..I appaud you MOM...and Dr Hornstein and all the other ALS patients, and their families...
the grand invisible.
8 years ago





1 comments:
I lost a great friend and co-worker to ALS around 8 years ago now. Exactly (happened in October). It is such an awful disease. I'm glad you were able to participate in that walk!
Post a Comment