Monday, September 15, 2008

ENDO-More Great news

Our appointment went GREAT! I LOVE his new ENDO..She was wonderful..SHE LISTENED to everything I had to say...I explained how B has been so different since starting on the meds, and that no one listens to what I have to say, and that they just place him in a generic category of HYPOTHYROID..not taking into account any other factors, like the fact that he had NO symptoms, and that his TSH was an 8..normal is below 5...some kids who are born w/ hypothyroidsm have a TSH of 1500...so she agreed to LOWER his meds, do lab work in 4 weeks and if it has stayed w. in normal we may try to lower it again, and eventually take him off synthroid! We go back to see her in December, she wants to keep an eye on his growth and weight and may want to do an x-ray of his hand to check his growth....I could have hugged her, I thanked her for Listening to me, and left as happy as could be....I will keep you updated on how this med change goes for us...and if he starts sleeping better...

4 comments:

Kaycee said...

That's great news girl! I'm glad to hear it went so well.

Dirty Kat Box said...

THANK GOODNESS. I am so pleased for you and B!

mommyto3kiddos said...

I'm so glad she listened to your concerns. Sounds like B is in good hands!

Steph said...

What great news that you have a doctor that actually listens- hard to find these days!