Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dr Torres

Since we have moved to CT Mr B will need a new ped...and my ped from when I was little is still a ped, and she said she would love to be B's new dr..we go see her next Thursday...i am anxious to go b/c I want to get B into a new Endocrinolotist, and neurologist...

I don't think I mentioned this back in May, but B had 2 small "episodes". It was the day the Comish was on his last leg of interviewing for hisnew job. We went w/ him and I took B to the park, he went on the swing and when he got off he was unable to walk, and actually said "I'm Dizzy". SO trying to keep calm, i rememberd what the neuro said, to get him to try and eat something. We went to the car and he ate some crackers and had some water. I also checked his blood sugar to make sure it was alright, and it was...he never progressed into a full blow episode....so we get to my parents house that night and he asks to go on their swing,a nd the same thing happens, i get him crackers and he was fine after about 15 minutes....From what I have read people that do have periodic paralysis can tell when it is happening, and can control it..luckily B is very verbal and can now id what Dizzy is...also we have not been on a swing since..nor do I care to take him on one any time soon...

2 comments:

-Bridget said...

Wow, that's great that he's come so far in being able to identify the start and tell you so. What a relief! Glad he's doing well.

mommyto3kiddos said...

LOL...at first I thought your post was about Grey's Anatomy. :P Glad B was okay though, hope you can find a good neuro doc.