Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No CAT scan

B was scheduled to have a CAT scan this am..The ENT thought they could do it w/o sedating him! (HA!) so we went to the radiology place and tried to get him to lay on the table, but he was not allowed to move AT ALL. SO I explained to the woman that I would rather not expose him to the radiation if it was not going to be sucessful, and we would just have to do it again..So I am waiting to hear from the ENT about it being done at Yale in the hospital....The CAT scan will be to look at the bones in B's ears and see if they are connected correctly and to make sure he does not have fluid leaking....

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hope you are able to get the testing done at Yale- and get a resolution for B (and you!). Hang in there!

Kara said...

That stinks. We had to hold Kendall down to get hers. It only took about a minute. It was the type that looks like a ring, not a tube that she had to go inside. Does that make any sense?

DiPaola Momma said...

I stopped by from SITS to tell you your roll call comment cracked me up today. I started bloging almost two months ago and I think my 4 kids are planning an intervention as I type!

I figured with this post you could use some supportive mommy vibes. I had to get a CAT for #2 when she was only 3 1/2 and I was determined to do it MY way. My baby was NOT going to go in that thing and be scared. I finally got what I wanted and it all worked out in the end. My prayer for you guys it that you get the same result. Take heart that you have YALE as an option! )))))M VIBES((((