Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Check this out

I have been wondering if we were making the right choice in b's surgery...then i read this article on having tonsils and adenoids out and feel better about our choice
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-apnea/news/20090720/tonsillectomy-helps-children-breathe-sleep

2 comments:

Joanna said...

My sister really should have had her tonsils out as a child. Trust me, doing it earlier is much better than going through it at 21. She was miserable.

The Thomasson's said...

It is always hard to see your child have surgery. Just make sure you reread articles like this a few days after the surgery to remind yourself that it is worth it. Once you get past the first week and see your child be able to sleep better,you will know that it is worth it. Ty is about 6 weeks out now and he is doing so well. I think I had mentioned that the ENT told us that night wetting can be related to the sleep apnea. About 2 weeks after surgery I switch him to underwear at night, because he was waking up dry every morning. He has had no accidents, where before the surgery he was waking up every morning wet.