Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another trip to the ER and other weekend fun

This past weekend was filled w/ fun and excitement...We took B to a Wolfpack game with some friends from college and their kids...we all had such a good time...B loved the game and wants to play hockey more than ever..he also commented that he doesn't want to be the goalie b/c they wear too much equipment and they don't get to move around a lot...funny kid

This is B and his new friend Avery...her parents are old college friends of ours...they were so cute leaving they had to hold hands the whole time??

Me and my little guy

Family Photo....


Check out my hockey player..LOL
After we got home from the game, at 11...we put a sleeping B to bed and climbed into bed ourselves...at 1245 I heard THE COUGH...the seal bark cough...I went into the kitchen to get B some water and by the time I got into his room he was in a panic b/c he could not breathe...I took him in the shower for over 30 minutes and it didn't get better...I brought him into our bed and for the next 3 hours he sounded like he was having an asthma attack. I called the dr and she said we should bring him right to the ER...so at 5 am we hopped into the car and drove to Yale Children's Hospita..they were great, they gave B some steroids and his cough got much better...So monday we sent him to school...and by monday night he had a 103 fever...and has been home since....I am waiting to hear fromt he Dr to see if they want us to come in..what a week....




1 comments:

Steph said...

Oh no. Those night time barking coughs are the worst. Cooper had one of those last year around May/June then ended up w/a high fever for DAYS which resulted in his weeklong stay at Boston Children's Hospital. Not fun, I will be praying B gets better soon.