Saturday, January 30, 2010

HSG update

So it was not as horrible as I had expected, but also not such a good time. I had to lay on the table while a catheter (Spelling??) was inserted in that injected dye into my uterus, which for some reason made my legs shake uncontrollably, so while they are in like a frog position this is AWESOME...anyway the radiologist came in to take the x-rays and they noticed that the fluid was much slower,, and at a lesser amount going into my right falopian tube, which I was not surprised about. Back when I was 22 I had my appendix rupture and they think I may have some scar tissue that may be causing it, but the fluid did go through so that is good...after the test I had TONS of craming, worse that a period...and all last night I felt like my uterus was having muscle spasms..I feel a bit better today...
I think the dr is going to put me on Clomid...I will let you know after I speak w/ him. He has to wait for the official report.....

2 comments:

House of Blues said...

Hey,
Just wanted to tell ya...My best friend tried for 4 years and couldnt get pregnant. She went and had the same procedure done and then was about to start Chlomid and never even had to becaused she found that she was pregnant 2 months after the dye thing!! The Drs said that the dye sort of "cleaned out" her scar tissue. She is now expecting her second, which was a TOTAL surprise to her =) I just thought maybe that story might make you feel a little more at ease. Good luck sweetie, saying lots of prayers for you guys!!

Steph said...

That does not sound fun, but I am glad that you got through it ok.