Sunday, May 24, 2009

Poor Braeden-fractured elbow

I think I may have finally fallen off of the face of the earth, about a million crazy things have happend, the biggest (besides B turing 3) is that he fractured his elbow! Last Saturday, and for the most part we have no idea how. When we brought him to the ER (Yale has a satalite ER here in Guilford, however don't ever bring a child there, I didn't know this, they have NO ped staff and don't do casts...) So they put him in a soft splint (as seen in the pics below) and sent him on his merry way. On Monday I brougt him to a ortho and he put him in a cast, a NEON green cast, only b/c they were all out of orange! He needs to keep in on for atleast two weeks. In two weeks we go back they cut it off and take more x-rays and see if he is allbetter. he is doing great, and finally moving his arm around..it has not stopped him or slowed him down one bit.

For his b-day he got the firetruck bed pictured below and in case you can't tell he had a pirate themed party!




















0 comments: