Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crying over Spilled Milk and other issues

So yesterday was a day filled w/ ups and downs...
We had a blast at the beach, and not a single rock was thrown. We came home and B took a nap like a good boy. HOwever the nap was not long enough...

I decided that after lunch we would go to the playground. B had a blast, however it was like 100 degrees and super humid and B was as red as a tomato so we only stayed for about 40 minutes and I had to drag B to the car...

We came home and watched some LIttle Bill (we love Little BIll) after that we headed outside to play golf, and use our tractor, B decided that would be a great time to whack me w/ his clubs (his clubs are metal) so the clubs were taken away and then he began smacking his tractor, which made outside be ALL DONE for the day. SO we came inside and had a meltdown, then my parents came home and we had dinner, which B refused to eat b/c he was so tired.

OH AND I forgot to mention that my dad thought it would be a good idea to have some friends stop by to see B Who at this point has completely fallen apart from exhaustion).

THEN I realize there was NO MILK..FYI At this house we purchase 3 kinds of milk (organic for B, 1% for dad and skim for mom, seriously that is a lot of milk) So now it's after 7 and I need to go to Big Y, AND we are still waiting for the friends to come over and B has fallen further into a meltdown.

SO now here comes one of the worst ideas I have ever had. I TAKE B TO THE STORE WITH ME...He was good on the way there b/c he was all excited about going in the car cart (which he is normall not allwed to do, but desperate times call for desperate measuers). Get to BIg Y, NO CAR CARTS..apparantly it was not my night. SO I restrain B in a regular cart and we proceed to purchase the 3 kinds of milk...after going through the checkout I see the darn car cart, and of course B spots it too, and asks to go it, and I explain that we are leaving and this is not the time for this car.. Screaming again...so we get into the car and start driving back to the house...and B gets one of his Crocs off, and starts screaming that he wants the one that is on off, and the one that is off on..to which I explain that I can't do a thing b/c I am driving....

Fast forward about 5 min when we are back at the house and the friends are here..I go to get B out and he is SCREAMING about crocs still...I hoist him out of the car and grab all the milk, and realize that B's milk has a hole in it and it is gushing down my leg..SO now I am carrying a screaming child and milk is pouring out on me. My dad takes the milk and I come into the house to see the friends...

B then perks up and is bouncing off of the walls..the friends stay only briefly b/c they can see how out of control my child is..they leave and I realize that my dad put the gushing milk in the fridge (seriously WHY). Now milk has leaked ALL OVER the fridge...every level...I get B ready for bed my mom cleans the milk and my dad returns to Big Y to get new milk...

He bought the wrong kind, but it's ok....I went to bed shortly after B...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...that's horrible! I feel for you! I have those days too...

mommyto3kiddos said...

OMG...I am cracking up laughing - only because I can TOTALLY relate and know that after I've had time to settle down and look back on the events, I can't help but laugh at myself. Oh, and the whole milk thing...yeah, we buy 3 different kinds of milk too. Malin & Mariska get whole, Micah gets 2%, and DH & I drink skim. :)